Welcome to our personal injury and traffic accident frequently asked questions

Question: What is a personal injury case or claim?
Answer: It is a claim against a person or company for damages arising from that person or company’s negligence. Some of the most common personal injury cases arise from car accidents, slip and falls, and trucking accidents. The law requires us to act with “reasonable care” toward one another. When someone breaches his duty to act with reasonable care and thereby causes injuries to another, he is negligent.

Question: What types of personal injury claims do you handle?

  • Car accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents
  • Drunk driving accidents
  • Pedestrian accidents
  • Product liability claims (injuries caused by defective products)
  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Wrongful death claims
  • Dog bites
  • Premises liability (slip and fall cases)

Question: Do I have to go to court to recover monetary damages?
Answer: There is a possibility that your attorney can obtain a fair and just settlement of your claim before trial, sometimes even before formally filing a lawsuit on your behalf. A small majority of cases may require a trial to obtain justice. Thus, it is important

Question: Should I see an attorney following a car accident?
Answer: Yes. You should see a qualified personal injury attorney for a consultation. Always remember that the responsible party’s insurance company’s overriding, unspoken mission is to resolve your claim against its driver as quickly as possible and at a minimum cost to the company. A qualified attorney can help you recover a fair and just amount from the responsible party for your injuries suffered.

Question: What is negligent driving?
Answer: Negligent driving that can lead to accidents includes many activities. Some examples are:

  • Failing to obey traffic signals
  • Speeding
  • Following too closely
  • Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Texting while driving
  • Failing to yield
  • Failing to use turn signals

Question: What can I recover from the responsible party?
Answer: You may be entitled to receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, costs of rehabilitation and physical therapy. You may also receive compensation for disability or disfigurement, pain and suffering, and loss in quality of life.

    Discuss My Case

    Lee’s Summit Personal Injury Lawyer

    Helping people when bad things happen.

    Choosing a Personal Injury Attorney

    The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.